As an expert partner, Katalyst Bio Engineering designs and delivers process plants for product preparation or product purification. Depending on our customers' needs, we provide consultation services and we design and provide solutions for the complete downstream process, including filter cartridges, cross flow systems, cassettes & accessories:
Our design features provide you the following advantages:
- Skid mounted, Space conserving, Easy maintenance
- Fixed / Mobile, with or without vessel
- Automated flux measurement to check cleanability
- In situ Sterilizable with or without cassette
- Optimized stabilization time
- Provision for online membrane integrity test
- Minimal hold up volume and Maximum product recovery
- Cassette holders offered to suit different membrane manufacturers
- Automated trans membrane pressure maintenance
- PLC control system with HMI or SCADA
- Sanitary Filter Housing
- User friendly vertical design with sanitary connection
- CIP & SIP design
- Low hold-up volume – maximizes product recovery
- Easy draining features, including downward sloping internal contour and low point drain
- Fewer welds – extremely sanitary design
- Requires minimum floor space & quickly dismantles for easy cleaning
- Cartridge locks into place assuring secure installation
- Automated orbital welding – produces consistent high quality welds
- T-style and inline configurations allow flexible piping options
- New cartridge locking design features additional cut outs to traditional half moon portions of the code-7 bayonnet locks, enhancing cleanability and drainability
Katalyst Bio Engineering sanitary filter housings are ideally suitable for sanitary pharmaceutical, bioprocess, food and beverage liquid process applications.These single & multi round sanitary filter housing models include a positioning plate, positioning plate retainer rods, upstream vent & drain connection, silicon ‘O’-ring or gaskets and sanitary gauge port.They are designed to fit standard code-7 type cartridge with bayonet locator providing an efficient seal between filter cartridge and housing.
Technical Data No. of Cartridges Up to 25, more on request Cartridge Length 10”, 20”, 30”, 40” Flow Rate Up to 100 m³/hr , more on request Cartridge Fitment Plug – in/ CODE 7 type Design Code Good Engineering Practice, ASME section VIII Division 1 MOC SS – 304, 304L, 316, 316L, Duplex Pressure Rating 1 – 15 bar Temperature Rating -25°C to +125°C more on request Connection Size ¾” – 6” Connections Flange, V-Band (Hygienic) Clamp, Socket Vessel Closure V-Band Clamped, Rathmann Styled Clamped, Bolted Sealing Material EPDM, Silicon Lifting Device Lifting Handle Vessel Support Legs Surface Finish Matt Finish, Mirror Finish Optional Finish Electro Polish Customized Design Available in customized design to accommodate specific requirements Accessories
Pressure Gauge, Vent Valve, D.P. Gauge, D.P. Switch
- Module Filter Housing
- Closed system ensures product purity & no product losses
- Requires less space than classified filtration systems due to vertical design
- Maximum reliability against product contamination
- Maximum operational safety due to specific design
- Simple handling due to rapid module change & ease of cleaning
- Available with Rathmann styled bolting clamps or V-band clamp closure options
- Can be sterilized by autoclaving or steam sterilization or disinfected with hot water or chemicals
- Supplied as a ready to use unit, subsequent retightening after wetting is not necessary, simplified handling
Katalyst Bio Engineering module filter housing design concept is to combine the advantages of conventional depth filter sheets with the positive features of enclosed filters. They are widely used in the chemical, cosmetics & food industry. They can be used successfully in certain sections of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.Katalyst Bio Engineering module filter housings are enclosed filter housings consisting of a bottom part with 3 legs and a detachable housing dome. The bottom part with inlet & outlet socket contains the centering and mounting unit for holding the module with a flat adapter or double O-ring adapter type module filters.The connection between the flat bottom part and the housing dome is realized through a quick closure device like V-band clamp or Rathmann styled clamp.
The module filter housings are available in variety of sizes, design & types.
Technical Data No. of Cells 9, 12, 16, other on request No. of Stacks Up to 3, more on request No. of Columns Up to 4, more on request Module Fitment Tie Rod, Plug-in Design Code Good Engineering Practice,ASME section VIII Division 1 MOC SS – 304, 304L, 316, 316L, Duplex Pressure Rating 1 – 15 bar Temperature Rating -25°C – +65°C, more on request Connection Size 2” – 4”, more on request Connections Flange, V-Band (Hygienic) Clamp Vessel Closure V-Band Clamped, Rathmann Styled Clamped, Bolted Sealing Material EPDM, Silicon Lifting Device Lifting Lug, Lifting Handle Vessel Support Legs, Skirt Surface Finish Matt Finish, Mirror Finish Optional Finish Electro Polish Customized Design Available in custom designing to accommodate specific requirements Accessories
Pressure Gauge, Vent Valve, D.P. Gauge, D.P. Switch
Katalyst can supply standard Filter Cartridges either CODE 7, DOE or any other as per customer requirement. Also our process experts helps you to integrate the systems as per the specific user requirements.
Dominick Hunter, 3M, Sartorius, Pall
Cross Flow /TFF Holders
- Katalyst Bio Engineering Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF) easily and directly scales up for the pilot production of large volume applications. The hollow fiber geometry of Katalyst Bio Engineering modules allows you to simply factor up the membrane surface area, the circulation rate and the filtration rate established in process development, by the same factor, while maintaining the operating pressures and the overall process time. Combined with the disposability of membranes for easy validation, the Katalyst Bio Engineering Cross Flow System is ideal for diagnostic and biopharmaceutical pilot production for FDA validated processing.
- The Katalyst Bio Engineering Cross Flow System is manufactured under cGMP standards for the tangential flow filtration of validated pilot production processes. The system is provided with complete GMP documentation. The Katalyst Bio Engineering Cross Flow System consists of a Jh rotary lobe pump to circulate process streams through an adjustable stainless steel flow-path that is adjustable for the incorporation of any length pilot and production scale Spectrum hollow fiber modules or retrofit. The unique carting design includes 4 locking caster wheels to provide system mobility while the leveling pads assure system stability during operation. Three system models are available depending on the required processing capacity.
Principles of Tangential Flow Filtration (click here to see the animation)
Filtration processes using membranes and Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF) consists of separating dissolved or suspended elements in relation to their molecular weight cut-off.
When creating a pressure difference between retentate and permeate, the membrane acts as a filter. The substances smaller than the membrane pores are combined with the solvent, named permeate, while the larger molecules or particles are retained as retentate.
Katalyst also offers Cassette holders to suit different membrane manufacturers in the Industry.
Hollow Fiber Filtration ( Ultra filtration)
Filtration principle of Hollow fiber filter: Ultra-filtration technology is a separation technique based on the size of molecules or ions with large solutes entrapped and materials less than the filter membrane pore diameter filtered out. This method is easy, non-phase change, low energy consumption and no need to add chemical reagents. In ultra-filtration process, the molecular weight of filtered substances is 5 0000 - 10 million or aperture size is approximate 10 - 100A (0.001 - 0.01um), removing bacteria, viruses, particles, most of the colloid, macromolecular compounds, heat and micro-organisms etc. But low molecular weight salts can't be wiped off in this process. Instead, reverse osmosis can entrap salts, while the micro - filter pore size range is 0.1-1.0um. Ultra-filtration technology can be alone or in combination with other technique in order to apply in the such production processes based on separation, concentration and purification as preparation of pure water or ultra pure water, industrial water purification, degerming and edulcoration of beverage, mineral water, drinking water as well as enrichment and recovery of concentrated protein in food and fermentation industry, extraction and purification of bio-active substances, removement of heat source and colloid.